Invacare Top End Force Handcycles feature a wrap-around frame design. The Top End Force Cycles have an upgraded cable driven parking brake and upper chain ring derailleur plus disk brakes all at a great price! This is the perfect handcycle if you're looking to just get started in handcycling or are ready to "force the pace" at your next competition!
Top End Force Handcycles come in four separate versions--the Force 3 for riding cross-country, the Force G with a center frame design for easier transfers, the Force K kneeling position handcycle, and the RX Handcycle with adjustable carbon fiber back that is lightweight and aerodyname. The details for these handcycles may vary between models. Below in a general description of the details, specifications and features.
- Backrest – Adjustable fore and aft. Standard backrest is recline position style which is primarily arm powered. An additional straight backrest with cushion for a trunk power position is available as a selfinstall option.
- Back Angle – Recline position back has an adjustable angle of 35-65°. Straight back style/trunk power position has an adjustable back angle of 55-85° measured with floor=0 degrees.
- Propulsion System – Shimano components 27 speeds, 48-36-26 chain rings and 11/34 cassette are standard. The 11/34 cassette is operated by the Hands-On Rapid Fire unit which is mounted on the right hand pedal. To switch to left hand pedal shifting a new Left handpedal with a shifter post can be ordered as an option. It operates both the 11/34 cassette and the hands-on brake. The top chain rings utilizes a cable driven shifter located on upper crank which minimizes cables and their maintenance.
- Brakes – SRAM Avid front disk brake is standard with brake lever mounted with shifter on right handpedal. A cable driven Tektro caliper parking brake/second brake is mounted on the upper fork.
- Crank Set – Traditional crank style Shimano Octolink 170mm crank set is standard. Handpedal width is 15.5” measured center to center of pedals V crank upgrade- V cranks 180mm x 20” wide with 48-39-24 chainrings are available for athletes that need maximum clearance.
- Steering – Pivot steering and raked fork for controlled turning and stability.
- Crank – Adjustable height both vertical and diagonal.
- Hand Pedals – Hand pedals are made of lightweight aluminum and are ovalized to precisely fit the hand. There is a post welded on the right handpedal for the shifter. To switch to left hand pedal shifting a new Left handpedal with a shifter post can be ordered as an option.
- Footrest – Multi-adjustable fore and aft w/straps to securely cradle calves and feet. Straps are 4" wide and feature safety straps for ankles.
- Performance Wheels/Tires –Alex silver spoked 26-559 wheels with threaded axles and alloy rims. 14 gauge stainless steel spokes. 26-559 x 1.25" High Performance Clincher Cruiser Tire/Tube 100 psi is standard.
Invacare Top End Force Handcycles Features & Benefits
- Safety flag.
- Chain guard provides additional safety.
- Seat and back cushions for greater comfort.
- Reclining back for added comfort.
- Super controlled, one-handed braking.
- Parking brake.
- Wraparound frame with adjustable seat upholster.
- Cable driven shifting for upper chainrings.
- Front disk brake and welded footrest clamps.
- Backrest adjusts forward and backward.
- Adjustable back angle allows 35-65° recline.
- Shimano components for hands-on shifting and braking .
Invacare Top End Force Handcycles Specifications
- Invacare Top End Force Handcycles Product Numbers: FRC3, FRCG, FRCK, FRCRXA.
- Weight: 250 lbs.
- Weight Capacity: 250 lbs.
- Frame – Ovalized 7000 series aluminum.
- Removable Fork – 7000 series aluminum with adjustable crank housing.
- Frame Design – Wrap-around ovalized lower frame with adjustable tension seat upholstery and adjustable backrest.
- Wheelbase – 60" Standard, Overall Length is 84"
- Turning Radius – 18 feet for 360° circle, 12 feet w/one backing maneuver.
- Static Tip Angle – 39° for 250 lb. subject.
- Transfer Seat Height – 9" with 2" cushion.
- Ground Clearance – 5”
- Invacare Top End Force Handcycles Warranty: 2 years on frame and fork to original owner.
Invacare Top End Force Handcycle Video (2:18 minutes)
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!