Hydrofera Blue Classic Antibacterial Foam Dressing helps the body recover from deep and chronic wounds via autolytic debridement. Autolytic debridement is the natural process in which the body liquefies necrotic or dead tissue to heal a wound. This foam dressing keeps the wound environment moist for better healing and promoting of autolytic debridement. In addition, this dressing wicks extra moisture away from the wound to maintain a proper moisture balance.
It's also highly absorptive making it great for wounds with moderate to heavy amounts of exudate. These dressings are so absorptive because they are made from Polyvinyl Alcohol (PVA) Foam and two natural dyes: methylene blue and gentian violet. PVA foam has a cellular structure similar to sea sponges giving it that absorptive edge.
Enzymatic debriders and fibroblast growth factors can be used in conjunction with these dressings allowing you to better manage exudate and bioburden.
This foam wound dressing also protects you from a broad spectrum of bacteria including E. coli. This greatly reduces the risk of infection.
The foam dressing is available in three styles. Square pads, tunnel dressings, and ostomy rings.
Instructions of Use
- Use sterile water or saline to moisten the dressing
- Cut dressing to size of wound and periwound area if present
- Apply Dressing
- Apply secondary dressing of choice
- If the dressing stays blue, it can remain on up to 72 hours. Otherwise replace after 24 hours
- Remoisten as necessary
Product Features and Benefits
- Promotes Autolytic Debridement
- Protects Against Wide Variety of Bacteria
- Highly Absorptive
- Product Number: HB2214, HB4414, HB6614, HBHD4450, HBHD6675, HBRF2650, HBRF4414, HBRF4475, HBT0906
- Material: PVA, Methylene Blue, Gentian Violet
- Sizes: 2 x 2, 4 x 4, 4 x 4.75, 6 x 6 Inch, 9mm
- Color: Blue
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A