It's been said that necessity is the mother of invention.
And in the case of the resident that had the idea behind the Bionix Feeding Tube DeClogger, getting some sleep was the necessity. The resident was working a long shift (is there ever such a thing as a short shift for residents?) and had to be awakened three times to clear the enteral feeding tube of a patient.
"There's got to be a better way to do this," he thought as he unsuccessfully tried cola, cranberry juice and meat tenderizer to no avail.
But what did work was a basic "screw-and-thread" design combined with a long flexible plastic probe.
He, the resident, tried his new invention and it worked!
DeClogger Features and Benefits
- Easy-to-use with Stop Disc feature to prevent over-insertion and different lengths to prevent the DeCloggers® from going into the residents gastrointestinal tract
- Routine use of DeCloggers® may help keep clogs from forming
- This product is required to be reported under California Proposition 65
- McKesson #: 91304610
- Manufacturer #: 913
- Brand: DeCloggers
- Manufacturer: Bionix
- Application: Enteral Feeding Tube Declogger
- For Use With: Gastrostomy / Jejunostomy Tube
- Specifications: Green, 20-22 Fr., 39.5 cm
- UNSPSC Code: 42231505
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Bionix Medical Technologies
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!