Drive Medical Bariatric Bed 42 Inch Wide, 600 Pound Capacity
Drive Medical Bariatric Bed offers a heavy duty frame and bed deck to support up to 600 pounds. This bariatric bed is 88 inches in length and 42 inches wide. Two other width sizes are also available for this heavy duty hospital bed. The size difference for these is in the width; 42 inches, 48 inches and 54 inches. Drive Medical Bariatric Beds come with a pan type deck that is suitable for Low air loss/alternating pressure mattresses. The weight capacity also varies with the size of the bariatric beds. The larger the bariatric bed the more weight capacity the bed can support. The weight capacities for the Drive bariatric beds are as follows:
- 42 inch Bariatric Bed – 600 pounds
- 48 Inch Bariatric Bed – 750 pounds
- 54 Inch Bariatric Bed – 1000 pounds
Each bariatric bed version is a full electric bed with an emergency manual crank. Manufactured by Drive Medical, these full electric bariatric beds come with an attractive brown vein finish. Other Bariatric Beds from Drive Medical include the Primus PrimeCare Low Bed, the PrimePlus 750 and the PrimePlus 1000. Vitality Medical also carries Invacare and Graham Field Bariatric Beds.
Drive Medical Full Electric Bariatric Bed Features & Benefits
Features & Benefits
- Quiet, smooth operation.
- Heavy duty frame ensures strength and patient safety.
- Bariatric Bed Frame all steel construction.
- Larger sleep surface than conventional beds.
- Split pan design with removable bed ends is easy to set-up.
- No tools necessary for set-up.
- Hand control provides for multiple bed positioning for patients.
- Low air loss/alternating pressure mattress available.
- Emergency manual crank included.
- Product Number: 15300.
- Width: 42 Inch.
- Length: 88 Inch.
- Height: Adjustable 18.26 to 26.25 Inch.
- Sleeping Surface: 42 x 80 Inch.
- Weight: 231 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 276 lbs.
- Weight Capacity: 600 lbs.
- Construction: Steel.
- Full-Electric Bariatric Beds HCPCS code: E1399.
- Drive Medical Bariatric Bed Warranty: (Original purchaser) Lifetime on welds, 5 years on frame, 1 year on all other parts and components.
- Dimant, Jacob. "Bariatric programs in nursing homes." Clinics in geriatric medicine 21.4 (2005): 767-792.
- Muir, Marylou, et al. "Handling of the bariatric patient in critical care: A case study of lessons learned." Critical care nursing clinics of North America 19.2 (2007): 223-240.
Bariatric Bed Accessories
Bariatric Mattress 15301
Drive Medical Bariatric Bed Mattresses are made to support patient weights from 600 pounds. These mattresses come with high density foam for firm and comfortable support. The specifications for this bariatric mattress is provided below.
- Top cover: Unitek 11 Nylon.
- Bottom cover: Vinyl.
- Top layer: 2.5 lb density foam.
- Middle layer: 2.5 lb density foam.
- Base: 4 lb density foam.
- Fire retardant: Compliance with 16 CRF 1633.
- 42" Bariatric Mattress Weight Capacity: 600 lbs.
- Drive Medical Bariatric Bed Mattress Warranty: 1 year.
T Style Half Rails 15021BV
The T Style Half Rails are for bariatric hospital beds or homecare beds. The half rail aids patients as a grab bar to assist in rolling out of bed on to the floor to help prevent fall injuries from accidental rolling off the bed.
- Attractive brown vein finish.
- Constructed of 1 inch steel.
- For use with "Pan-Style" beds and Bariatric Beds (item # 15300).
- Half Rail HCPS code: E0305
- Ideal protection without confining the patient.
- Provides maximum protection when bed is elevated.
- For use with most manufacturer's beds.
- Drive Medical T Style Half Rails Warranty: Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Manuals and Documents
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Drive Medical Ships Free Yes Minimum Height More than 11 Inches Features Back and Leg Elevation
- Product Comparison
Sleep Surface Dimensions Width 42 Inch, Length 80 Inch Width 54 Inch, Length 80 Inch Width 48 Inch, Length 80 Inch Height Adjustable 18.25 to 26.25 Inch Adjustable 18.25 to 26.25 Inch Adjustable 18.25 to 26.25 Inch Weight 231 Pounds 332 Pounds 312 Pounds Weight Capacity 600 Pounds 1000 Pounds 750 Pounds Maximum Back Angle NA NA 60 Degrees Maximum Knee Angle HA NA 58 Degrees Warranty 5 Year NA 5 Year Reviews View Product View Product View Product
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!