Dermacol Collagen Matrix Dressing is an advanced wound care dressing made of collagen, sodium alginate, carboxyl methylcellulose, and enthylenediamine-tetraacetic acid (EDTA). It transforms into a soft gel sheet when in contact with wound exudate and maintains a moist wound environment, creating ideal conditions for healing.
This collagen wound dressing aids in the formation of granulation tissue and epithelialization. The dual MMP inhibition helps to initiate healing in stalled and chronic wounds, and encourage granulation. While the CMC and sodium alginate absorb excess wound exudate for optimal moisture balance.
The dressing is flexible and may be trimmed and layered for management of deep wounds. It is also contraindicated for third degree burns, or on patients with known sensitivity to any of the included ingredients.
Dermacol Collagen Matrix Dressing can be used for:
- management of full and partial thickness wounds
- pressure, venous, and diabetic ulcers
- ulcers from mixed vascular etiologies
- donor sites
- graft sites
- traumatic wounds
- dehisced surgical wounds
- first and second degree burns
This collagen dressing is available in 2x2 inches and 4x4 inches, and is packaged for convenience in either singles or boxes.Dermacol Collagen Matrix Dressing Features and Benefits
- Advanced Wound Care Dressing
- It is made of collagen, sodium alginate, carboxyl methylcellulose and enthylendiamine-tetraacetic acid (EDTA).
- It transforms into a soft gel sheet when in contact with wound exudate.
- Maintains Moist Wound Environment
- Creates Ideal Conditions for Healing
- Aids in Formation of Granulation Tissue and Epithelialization
- The dual MMP inhibition helps initiate healing in stall and chronic wounds, and encourage granulation.
- It is flexible and may be trimmed and layered for management of deep wounds.
- Available in 2x2 inches, 4x4 inches
- Packaged for Convenience in Singles or Boxes
- Item number: 00302E
- Third Degree Burns
- Patients with Known Sensitivity to Any Included Ingredients
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Dermarite Industries
Top Rated Customer ReviewsSee All Reviews
- Dermacol Collagen Dressing for chronic wounds that resist healing
Dermacol Dressing combines collagen and sodium alginate for a superior healing environment that my father needed to get the real healing process going. Because of his age, the other dressings we tried just seemed to maintain things but not promote any healing. The transition to this combo dressing was an important find for us. The moist wound environment also helped to create the conditions needed to convert to healing. If you are treating someone with a chronic wound, you might want to give this dressing a try.
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!