Cyclinex is an Amino Acid-Modified Infant Formula with Iron. Cyclinex Amino Acid-Modified Infant Formula with Iron offers nutrition support of infants and toddlers with a urea cycle disorder, gyrate atrophy or HHH syndrome. Use Cyclinex under medical supervision.
Cyclinex Amino Acid-Modified Infant Formula with Iron Features & Benefits
- Nonessential amino acid-free to decrease the ingestion of waste nitrogen.
- L-carnitine (190 mg/100 g) and taurine (40 mg/100 g) to help supply amounts normally found in human milk and foods of animal origin.
- Approximately 43% of energy as fat to help achieve acceptable formula osmolality.
- 6.9% of energy as linoleic acid.
- Nutrient profile specifically designed for infants and toddlers.
- When fed according to the Abbott Nutrition Support Protocols, provides adequate amounts of all nutrients.
- Additional vitamins and minerals to compensate for nutrient losses due to nitrogen-scavenger medications.
Cyclinex-1 Nutrition Information Links
- Cyclinex-1 Nutritional Information contains details for vitamins, minerals, protein and calories.
- Cyclinex-1 Nutrition Guide offers several pages of nutritional information about this Abbott Nutrition product line.
Cyclinex-1 Unflavored Powder
Cyclinex-1 Powder / 14.1-oz (400-g) Can / 6 ct
Corn Syrup Solids, High Oleic Safflower Oil, Coconut Oil, Soy Oil, L-Leucine. Less than 2% of the Following: L-Lysine Acetate, Calcium Phosphate, L-Valine, DATEM, L-Isoleucine, Potassium Phosphate, L-Tyrosine, L-Threonine, L-Phenylalanine, Sodium Citrate, Potassium Citrate, Magnesium Chloride, L-Cystine Dihydrochloride, L-Histidine, L-Methionine, L-Tryptophan, Calcium Carbonate, Ascorbic Acid, L-Carnitine, Choline Chloride, Taurine, m-Inositol, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Mixed Tocopherols, Calcium Pantothenate, Salt, Cupric Sulfate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Manganese Sulfate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Beta-Carotene, Potassium Iodide, Biotin, Phylloquinone, Sodium Selenate, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Molybdate, Vitamin D3, and Cyanocobalamin.
Approximate Weights for Unpacked, Level U.S. Standard Dry Household Measures for Powder*
Household Measure (US) Weight (g) 1 Tbsp 8 1/4 Cup 30 1/3 Cup 40 1/2 Cup 60 1 Cup 120
* For most accurate results, Cyclinex-1 should be weighed on a scale that reads in grams.
Directions for Preparation and Use: Use Only As Directed by a Physician
Your baby's health depends on carefully following these directions. Proper hygiene, handling and storage are important when preparing infant formula. Failure to follow these directions could result in severe harm. Ask your baby's doctor if you need to use cooled, boiled water for mixing and if you need to boil (sterilize) bottles, nipples and rings before use.
- Wash your hands, surfaces and utensils.
- Pour prescribed amount of water into a clean container.
- Add prescribed amount of Glutarex-2 powder (and other ingredients if recommended).
- Shake well for 10-15 seconds; if using a blender, mix no more than 5 seconds.
- Pour mixture into clean feeding cup or container; cap.
- Serve chilled. Once feeding begins, use within 1 hour or discard.
Storage & Handling
- Once mixed, store bottles or container in refrigerator and feed to baby or child within 24 hours.
- Store unopened or opened can at room temperature; avoid extreme temperatures.
- Use opened can contents within 1 month.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Abbott Nutrition
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!