Cutinova Hydro Dressing, by Smith and Nephew, is a wound dressing that is meant for direct contact to the affected skin and is designed to be self-adherent and moisture maintaining. This wound dressing can both maintain a moisturized environment and absorb exudate (fluid from the wound). The dressing consists of two layers -- a polyurethane gel matrix and a polyurethane top-film. And like many select hydrogel dressings, the Cutinova dressings are semi-transparent to make observing the underlying wound much easier.
When these dressings are applied to a wound, they absorb mainly the moisture from the wound exudate (oozing fluid), while leaving the patient's growth factors and proteins in the wound to make the healing process go basically uninterrupted. This property keeps the wound moist yet will not cause the skin to undergo maceration (hyperhydration). The dressings go on easy, molds perfectly to the body, and sticks to the skin naturally without adhesive. They peel off painlessly and will not stick to the wound.
Cutinova Hydro Dressing Features and Benefits
- The Hydro dressings will adhere naturally to the wound.
- They go on comfortably and mold to the body.
- They dressings are semi-transparent allowing easy observance of the wound's healing progress.
- They maintain a moisturizing environment that disrupts bacterial growth.
- Dressings will absorb exudate and leave natural tissue materials that are utilized in healing.
Cutinova Hydro Dressing Specifications
- Manufacturer Numbers: 66047443,66047441
- Manufacturer: Smith and Nephew
- Material Type: Polyurethane
- No Adhesive Used
- Suggested Dressing Change: Once a Day
- HCPCS: For 66047441 - A6234, For 66047443 - A6234
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Smith & Nephew
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!