Power wheelchairs give a level of freedom that a typical wheelchair cannot for those with mobility needs. The Cobalt Power Wheelchair, by Drive Medical, is a great example of a mobility aid that delivers that kind of freedom to move about, as well as provide an array of useful features to make life a little easier. This unique power wheelchair is designed to have many of the amenities as a full-size chair, but with less hassle with added weight and difficulty in transport.
This Drive Medical Power Wheelchair is height adjustable from 20-23 inches and has a fold-down backrest. The armrests are padded, adjustable and removable. They will flip up to give the user more room to move if needed. The seat has a controller with mount that can be adjusted and customized to the chair user's comfort and reach.
The Cobalt X23 also includes a footplate that can be flipped up and out of the user's way and can also be adjusted in both height and angle. The Cobalt comes with a standard positioning belt and armrest-mounted reflectors for security and safety. The tires are flat-free and non-marking which offer a worry free travel and the motor assembly offers easy freewheel operation, allowing the chair to be pushed without resistance, for instances where you may need to load it onto a vehicle.
Unlike the Cobalt this model does not come with a quick-release mechanism to disassemble the frame. However, a quick-release can be added and installed by buying the mechanism separately. There are two color choices for the Cobalt: Blue and Red.
Cobalt X23 Features and Benefits
- It has an adjustable length controller mount can be affixed to either the left or right armrest and can be fitted with an optional swing-away arm (arm sold separately).
- The armrest comes with reflectors for enhanced visibility.
- The batteries are included.
- The comfortable swivel seat has a fold-down backrest.
- It includes extra-strong steel frame for lasting durability.
- The flat-free, non-marking tires offer worry-free travel.
- The flip-up footplate has an adjustable height and angle.
- The chair has full-size performance in a lightweight, easily transportable frame.
- The motor assembly includes a freewheel operation allowing the chair to be pushed, which can be helpful for transport.
- It has a programmable controller with simple, common connectors.
- The removable padded flip-up armrests have adjustable width and angle.
- The seat has four height adjustments, from 20-23 inches.
- It includes standard anti-tip wheels for added safety.
Cobalt X23 Specifications
- Manufacturer Numbers: COBALTBL16FS (Blue), COBALTRD16FS (Red)
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Batteries: Two 12V x 21AH
- Brakes: Electromagnetic
- Charger: 2 Amp Off board
- Climbing Angle: 6 degrees
- Controller: Dynamic A50A
- Floor to Seat Height: 20-23 Inches
- Front Wheels: 8 Inch Diameter x 2 Inch Width
- Ground Clearance: 2 Inches
- Height: 37 Inch
- Length: 38.5 Inch
- Shipping Dimensions:
- Length: 37.75 Inch
- Width: 25.5 Inch
- Height: 23.5 Inch
- Max Range: 7 miles
- Max Speed: 4mph
- Motor: Two 24V x 120W x 4700rpm
- Rear Wheels: 9 Inch Diameter x 3 Inch Width
- Turning Radius: 29 Inches
- Width: 24 Inches
- Product Weight Capacity: 250 lbs
- HCPCS: KO821
- Limited Lifetime on Frame;
- 14 Month Limited on Electronics, Controller and Drive Train components;
- 6 Month Limited on Battery
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Drive Medical Ships Free Yes
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!