Oxygen regulators are typically made of metal and plastic to contain and control the air flow coming from a O2 cylinder. The Chad CGA 870, by Drive Medical, contain a patented brass core to contend with the varying high pressures in the regulator. This device fits CGA 870 cylinder valves and has flow settings fit for adults and children who need oxygen therapy.
The Chad CGA 870 regulators have two options among their brass core line: the standard size and the pediatric version. Their standard sized oxygen regulators have eleven settings, starting at 0.5 liters per minute all the way up to 15 liters. The base of the regulator has a simple knob that the user can turn and click through to adjust the flow rate. The same number of selection goes for the pediatric version ( CH3104-L) as well, except it has a lot lower O2 flow rates to make it safe for smaller lungs. Both only connect to CGA 870 cylinder valves.
These Drive Medical regulators have a broad selection range for output. They both have 11 flow options, only the pediatric version stops at a maximum of 4 liters per minute verses the standard topping out at 15 liters. They both contain a brass core to maintain quality integrity wherever there is contact with high-pressure oxygen. These operate at a wide inlet pressure range between 200 to 3,000 psi. The regulators have a barbed outlet for a simple attachment to the oxygen cannula. They are quality control tested and meet ASTM-G175-03 promoted ignition tests. All flows were tested to an accuracy within plus or minus 15 percent. They come equipped with viton and brass seal washers as well as a 20 micron, sintered-bronze inlet filter.
Both regulators, standard and pediatric, hold a three year limited warranty through Drive Medical.
Chad CGA 870 Features and Benefits
- These regulators are tested and inspected in the USA.
- Both have a 20-micron, sintered-bronze inlet filter.
- All flows are tested to accuracy within +/- 15 percent tolerances.
- There are brass components in high-pressure areas and relief valve zones.
- They include an ergonomic T-handle for easy tightening.
- Both include FDA recommended viton and brass seal washers.
- The meet ASTM-G175-03 promoted ignition tests.
Chad CGA 870 Specifications
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Manufacturer Numbers: CH3104-L (Pediatric) and CH3115-L
- Standard Liter Flow Options: 0.5, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, and 15
- Pediatric Liter Flow Options: 1/32, 1/16, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 1, 1.5, 2, 3, and 4
- Inlet Pressure: 200-3000 PSI
- Liter Flow Options: 11
- Outlet Pressure: 50 PSI
- Outlet: Barb
- Warranty: Limited 2 Year Warranty
- Additional Information
Invacare Continuing Care Drive Medical
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!