RxOrtho Achilles Brace, by MediUSA, is a specialized piece of compression garment aimed to help an active person heal from an Achilles strain or injury. This is a two-piece system made up of a heel sock and a cushioned insert to provide the ultimate in comfort, compression, and poise to keep you active and back to running form again.
The RxOrtho+ is part of the CEP line of athletic compression apparel by MediUSA. This is the same line of compression that 2014 Boston Marathon champion Meb Keflezighi was wearing as he strode through the finish tape.
The RxOrtho comes with a silicone heel wedge to add a slight lift and take the strain off the Achilles. The compression material is similar to compression stockings in that it wraps around the ankle with graduated 20-30 mmHg compression. Also, inside the garment is a silicone butterfly inlay to gently massage and protect the Achilles tendon. The brace is made with numerous variations to fit nearly all foot sizes and has an anatomical design to fit varied foot shapes while still staying effective with compression. And not only will the brace secure and protect the Achilles, but the compression will increase blood flow to the area to speed healing. For those prone to Achilles injury, this would also be a good first line measure of avoiding that from happening. It fits nearly all running shoes and will not interfere with your stride. The brace comes in six sizes. Finding the correct size is simply done by referring to the easy-to-use chart based on above-the-ankle circumference.
RxOrtho Achilles Brace Features and Benefits
- They are designed to help heal and protect an injured Achilles.
- They have an air permeable knit to allow air flow and proper moisture evaporation.
- The compression stimulates blood flow to aid in healing.
- They have a heal insert to assist in helping the Achilles.
- The integrated silicone butterfly inlay massages and protects the tendon.
- They help prevent injury from occurring.
RxOrtho Achilles Brace Specifications
- Manufacturer: MediUSA (Mediven)
- Compression: 20mmhg-30mmhg Graduated.
- Manufacturer Numbers: WBA2501, WBA2502, WBA2503, WBA2504, WBA2505, WBA2506
- Material: Polymadine (50 Percent), Polyester (30 Percent), Elastan (20 Percent)
- Color: Black
CEP Compression Garments Additional Instructions
- CEP Compression Support Review and Comparison compares CEP support with competitor brands.
- CEP Compression Support Technology discusses the benefits of CEP science behind their development and performance.
- CEP Compression Support Washing Instructions help guide you to keep your compression garment clean and to preserve their performance.
Medi CEP Compression Size Chart
Medi CEP Video (0:49 minutes)
CEP Compression Support Video (0:49 minutes)
Medi CEP Compression Support Construction Video (2:40 minutes)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Mediven Sub Brand CEP Ships Free Yes
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!