Other Portex product(s)
Bivona Aire-Cuf Wire Reinforced Endotracheal Tubes are a unique line of tubes by Smiths Medical that are made of soft, flexible silicone. Silicone is the preferred material for comfort as opposed to a PVC plastic. The Aire-Cuf is inflatable to allow caregivers the ability to adjust the volume as needed and maintain adequate tidal pressure in the patient's lungs. This Bivona Aire-Cuf endotracheal tube is as the name implies, wire reinforced to keep the tube from kinking, or being crushed. This will give balance of flexibility and strength to maintain integrity for a long duration of mouth or nose intubation.
The Bivona TTS endotracheal tube option is also wire reinforced. However the TTS (tight-to-shaft) versions are modeled to have their cuffs flat and pressed against the shaft to allow exhaled air to pass freely between the tube and the tracheal walls. This is also true for the tracheostomy version, the Bivona Adult TTS trach tube. For other tracheostomy options, look to the Bivona Mid-Range Aire-Cuf Fixed Neck Flange Hyperflex Tracheostomy Tube or the Bivona Mid-Range Aire-Cuf Adult trach tubes with talk attachment.
Bivona Aire-Cuf Wire Reinforced Endotracheal Tubes Features and Benefits
- The endo tubes are made of silicone, the most comfortable material option for patients.
- The silicone tube is reinforced with wire to prevent kinking or crush forces.
- The Aire-Cuf can be volume adjusted to compensate for tracheal wall changes.
- The TTS options allow the cuff to deflate flush with the tube to allow air to be exhaled around the tube.
Bivona Aire-Cuf Wire Reinforced Endotracheal Tubes Specifications
- Maufacturer: Smiths Medical
- Shaft Material: Silicone with Embedded Metal Wire
- Tube Sizes:
- Inner Diameter: 6.0mm, 6.5mm, 7.0mm, 7.5mm, 8.0mm, 8.5mm, 9.0mm, 9.5mm
- Outer Diameter: 8.7mm, 9.4mm, 10.0mm, 10.4mm, 11.0mm, 11.8mm, 12.3mm, 13.3mm
- Lengths: 28.0cm, 28.0cm, 30.0cm, 31.0cm
- TTS Inner Diameter: 2.5mm, 3.0mm, 3.5mm, 4.0mm, 4.5mm, 5.0mm, 5.5mm
- TTS Outer Diameter: 4.0mm, 4.7mm, 5.3mm, 6.0mm, 6.7mm, 7.3mm, 8.0mm
- TTS Lengths: 14.0cm, 16.0cm, 18.0cm, 20.0cm, 22.0cm, 24.0cm, 26.0cm
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Smiths Medical Sub Brand Portex
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!