BiliSoft Phototherapy System offers intensive phototherapy treatments. BiliSoft Phototherapy features LED technology for intensive, efficacious phototherapy as recommended by AAP Guidelines. It provides an increased surface area with high spectral irradiance of long-lasting blue narrow-band LED light. The LED phototherapy system allows the pediatric patient to be wrapped, fed, and held during phototherapy sessions. The system may be bed mounted to conserve space or roll stand mounted for greater flexibility. The blue LED light engine provides 8,000 to 10,000 hours of light therapy. Select between two fiberoptic lightpad sizes--the large pad (10x12 inches) for babies weighing at least 1,500 grams, and the small pad (6x12 inches) for babies weighing less than 1,500 grams. The BiliSoft is manufactured by GE Healthcare and is designed to serve virtually anywhere—in pediatrics units, NICU, well baby nurseries, and homecare.
Features & Benefits
- Pediatric LED therapy treatment.
- Provides intensive phototherapy treatment.
- Meets or exceeds the 2004 AAP Guidelines for intensive phototherapy.
- Meets AAP Guidelines on hyperbilirubinemia management.
- Protects baby’s skin with soft, disposable covers made of flame-retardant, skin-friendly fabric.
- Offers a built-in template for irradiance measurement.
- BiliBlanket Light Meter Works with X-ray for less interruption to the therapy.
- Product Numbers: M1091160, M1150187.
- Pad Size Options: Small or Large.
- Fiberoptic Lightpad Dimensions:
- Small: 6 x 12 Inch.
- Large: 20 x 12 Inch.
- Light Box (WxHxL): 16.5 x 21 x 16.5 cm
- Light Box Weight (excluding fiberoptic pad): <2.5 Kg.
- Fiberoptic pad weight: <1.1 Kg.
- Small pad irradiance is 35 µW·cm-2·nm-1
- Large pad irradiance is 50 µW·cm-2·nm-1
- Fiberoptic Cable Length: 137 +/- 5 cm.
- Spectral Irradiance (bare fiberoptic pad) measured using an Ohmeda Medical BiliBlanket Light meter:
- Small pad - 70 µW·cm-2·nm-1 (+/- 25%) and 9 point check.
- Large pad - 49 µW·cm-2·nm-1 (+/- 25%) and 6 point check Wavelength: 430-490 nm (peak 440-460 nm).
- LED module estimated life: Under continuous use, tested at room temperature, a typical LED module will run for approx. 8000-10000 hrs before intensity drops 25%.
- Sound level: <44 db(A) at 1 meter.
- X-ray Compatible.
- Manufacturer: GE Healthcare.
LED Phototherapy Medical Studies
- Maisels, M. Jeffrey, and Antony F. McDonagh. "Phototherapy for neonatal jaundice." New England Journal of Medicine 358.9 (2008): 920-928.
- Chang, Yun Sil, et al. "In vitro and in vivo efficacy of new blue light emitting diode phototherapy compared to conventional halogen quartz phototherapy for neonatal jaundice." Journal of Korean medical science 20.1 (2005): 61-64.
- Maisels, M. J., E. A. Kring, and J. DeRidder. "Randomized controlled trial of light-emitting diode phototherapy." Journal of Perinatology 27.9 (2007): 565-567.
- Jaundice: Innovative LED Phototherapy
- Additional Information
Manufacturer GE Healthcare
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!