Sorbsan Wound Dressing, by Bertek Pharmaceuticals, is made of non-adhesive, non-woven material to be used for exudating (oozing) wounds, ulcers, or bed sores. These alginate dressings are designed for heavy to moderate exudating wounds. The dressings are made from Calcium Alginate, which is a type of salt that transforms into a water-soluble gel on contact with wound fluid. This fluid contact converts the material into a hydrophilic gel that protects the wound from outside infection and facilitates a healing environment within the wound bed.
To utilize Sorbsan Wound Dressing one would first need to irrigate the wound with normal saline solution, drying the surrounding area. Next, Sorbsan is applied to the moist wound. If the wound is deep, it is best to use Sorbsan Wound Packing that is placed gently into the wound cavity, layering it in back-and-forth in folds -- make sure it is not packed too tight. A secondary dressing with a bordered adhesive will simply placed over Sorbsan.
Sorbsan is effective only with oozing wounds. The dressings are not for dry wounds or those covered with black necrotic tissue. Any necrotic tissue should be removed mechanically or with a debriding solution. The following are good indications for use:
- Pressure Ulcers
- Venous Ulcers
- Diabetic Ulcers
- Arterial Ulcers
- Donor Sites or Heavy Bleeding Surface Wounds
- Incisions, Dermal Lesions or Trauma Injuries
Sorbsan Alginate Wound Dressing Features and Benefits
- The dressings transform into a hydrophilic gel upon contact with exudate.
- The gel formation acts as a barrier against microorganisms, yet maintains a healing environment in the wound.
- The dressings come in various sizes and can also be used to pack deep wounds.
- The dressings come in sterile packaging.
- Cleaning the wound with the dressings simply involve basic saline solution to wash away.
Sorbsan Alginate Wound Dressing Specifications.
- Manufacturer Numbers: 9204, 9209, 9218, 9232, 9347
- Manufacturer: Bertek Pharmaceuticals
- Dressing Type: Calcium Alginate
- Color: Off-White
- HCPCS: A6196
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Bertek Pharmaceuticals Ships Free No Size Chart No
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Starting at: $25.58
Starting at: $6.22
Starting at: $1.70
Starting at: $10.96