Aquasorb is a Hydrogel Dressing that provides a moist wound environment conducive to healing. Aquasorb protects the wound bed from dehydration. This Hydrogel Dressing absorbs wound drainage and provides soothing cooling for the wound bed. Aquasorb also provides a pain relief covering. Patients with dermal ulcers, leg ulcers, superficial wounds, lacerations, cuts, abrasions, and 1st or 2nd degree burns can benefit from this advanced wound dressing. Aquasorb is a non-adherent dressing that offers the consistency of a hydrocolloid dressing but with the sensitivity of a hydrogel dressing. Manufactured by DeRoyal, Aquasorb is made with a water-based gel wafer supported by a fabric scrim. The Aquasorb Dressing is bonded to a semi-permeable polyurethane film that provides visual inspection of the wound site. Aquasorb Hydrogel Dressing can be used for a primary or secondary dressing and can easily be applied to hard-to-dress body areas and irregular wound sites. The breathable film of the Aquasorb Hydrogel Dressing enables moisture vapor transmission from the gel after drainage is absorbed to help prevent skin maceration.
Aquasorb Hydrogel Dressing Features & Benefits
- Transparent dressing offers easy visual inspection of wound site without removing dressing.
- Polyurethane film protects wound from pathogens.
- Cool and moist to the touch for soothing sensation.
- No messy residue.
- Conformable dressing is easily adaptable to hard-to-dress wound sites and irregular wound sites.
- Usable as a primary or secondary dressing.
Aquasorb Hydrogel Dressing Applications
- Donor sites
- First degree burns
- Second degree burns
- Partial thickness dermal ulcers
- Full thickness dermal ulcers
- Superficial wounds
- Skin tears
- Radiation reactions
- Tube sites
Aquasorb Hydrogel Dressing Specifications
- Aquasorb Hydrogel Dressing Product Numbers: 46-501, 46-502.
- Width Options: 2-½ Inch.
- Length: 2-1/2 Inch.
- Non adherent.
- Material: Water based gel wafer with fabric scrim bonded to semi-permeable polyurethane film.
- Application: Hydrogel wound dressing.
- Manufacturer: DeRoyal.
- Brand: Aquasorb.
- HCPCS Code: A6242.
Aquasorb Hydrogel Dressing Additional Information
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!