Anti-Rollback System, by AliMed, is a wheelchair support device designed to help minimize the occurrence of patient falls from wheelchairs. Patients often forget to apply the brakes when attempting to stand, and while trying to stand, use the wheelchair for support, resulting in the wheelchair rolling away, causing the patient to fall. The Anti-Rollback System helps prevent accidents because it locks the wheels automatically when the patient begins to stand.
Anti-Rollback System attaches to the rear of most sling-seat wheelchairs. Its seat lever makes direct contact with the underside of the seat and is mechanically linked to the brake arms. As the patient begins to stand, the brake seat lever detects the absence of the patient's weight, which causes the brake arms to clamp down on the wheels, helping to stop the chair from rolling backward. The moment the patient is seated, the brake arms automatically unlock so the chair can roll freely. An attendant is still able to push the chair forward, even though it is locked against backward movement.
Anti-Rollback System Features and Benefits:
- Helps Minimize Patient Falls From Wheelchairs.
- Locks Wheels Automatically When Patient Begins to Stand.
- Optional Alarm for Added Safety.
- Does Not Rely On Batteries, So It Can't Fail.
- Now for Extra-Wide Wheelchairs Too!
Anti-Rollback System Specifications:
- Manufacturer: AliMed
- Standard System Fits Wheelchairs 16"-20"W
- Wide System Fits Wheelchairs 22"-24"W
- Alarm Requires 9V Batteries, Sold Separately.
- Product Numbers: 65338, 65336, 65333, 65335, 65334
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!