The Allevyn Wound Dressing provides a barrier between your skin and your surrounding environment. Bacteria, among other infectants, will not be able to permeate the dressing. However, because this dressing is semi-permeable, it does allow oxygen and water vapor to pass through it. In effect, this will hasten your healing time.
Featuring highly pliable, self-adhering material, the dressing will conform and tightly hug the contours of your body. This dressing will even securely stay in place over bony areas. Although this product is an adhesive, it will not adhere to your wound.
To accelerate the healing process, you can always use a wound care prep, such as Triple Antibiotic Bacitracin Ointment, in conjunction with Allevyn Thin Wound Care Dressing.
Allevyn Thin Wound Care Dressing Features and Benefits
- Allows monitoring of the wound.
- Does not adhere to wound.
- Fits and sticks well to awkard shaped areas.
- Maintains moist wound environment.
- Permeable to oxygen and water vapor.
Allevyn Thin Wound Care Dressing Specifications
- Product Numbers: 66047576, 66047578, 66047579.
- Sizes: 2 L x 2.38 W in, 4 L x 4 W in, 6 L x 8 W in.
- Application: Covers and protects superficial wounds.
- Manufacturer: Smith & Nephew.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Smith & Nephew Sub Brand Allevyn Ships Free No
Top Rated Customer Reviews - See All Reviews
- Not as Good as Regular
Bandage does not seem to adhere to skin as well as regular Allevyn. I have a wound on buttox and any shifting or other movement makes the bandage unravel. On the any other body part, it might be a different story.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Starting at: $13.66
Starting at: $3.16
Starting at: $48.44
Starting at: $31.18