Standard Wound Site Dressings
- 1620 – First Aid Style with Border
- 1621 – First Aid Style with Border
Standard Wound Site Dressings for Basic Wound Care
- 1626 – Original Frame Style
- 1627 – Original Frame Style
- 1628 – Original Frame Style
- 1629 – Original Frame Style
- 1634 – Original Frame Style
Standard Wound Site Dressings with Frame
- 1624W – Picture Frame Style
- 1626W – Picture Frame Style
- 1630 – Oval Picture Frame Style with Label
- 9505W – Picture Frame Style with Label (similar to 1624W, small quantity packaging)
- 9506W – Picture Frame Style with Label (similar to 1626W, small quantity packaging)
Standard IV Site Dressings
- 1614 – IV Site with Border
- 1616 – IV Site with Border
- 1630 – IV Site Frame Style
- 1633 - IV Site with Border
- 1635 – IV Site with Border
- 1650 – IV Site with Border
- 1655 – IV Site with Border
Advanced Securement IV Dressings
- 1683 - IV Site
- 1685 - IV Site
- 1688 - IV Site
Tegaderm™ Transparent Film Dressings are manufactured by 3M and are designed with a thin film backing of non-latex, hypoallergenic adhesive. This Transparent Film Dressing is breathable, allowing oxygen and moisture vapor exchange. The Film Dressing is waterproof and impermeable to liquids, bacteria, and viruses. An intact dressing protects the site from outside contamination. Laboratory testing has proven Tegaderm as a barrier against HIV-1 and HBV while the dressings remain intact without leakage.
3M Tegaderm Transparent Film Dressings should not be used as a replacement for sutures and other primary wound closure methods. Tegaderm Transparent Film Dressings can be used for the following applications:
- To cover and protect catheter sites and wounds.
- To maintain a moist environment for wound healing.
- To facilitate autolytic debridement.
- To cover first and second degree burns.
- To secure devices to the skin.
- To protect superficial partial thickness burns.
- To treat stage I or II pressure ulcers.
- To keep clean, closed surgical incisions.
- To protect abrasions, skin tears, blisters.
- As a secondary dressing.
- As a protective cover over at-risk skin.
- As a protective eye covering.
- As a skin graft donor sites.
- As an autolytic debridement facilitated by the moist wound healing environment.
- As a protective eye covering.
- For post tattoo application and removal.
Transparent film dressings are designed for protecting skin and wound sites. The Frame Style Dressing allows customization of shape and size to fit any site. Unique sacral shape is designed for challenging and difficult-to-dress areas. This film dressing is a breathable barrier that keeps liquids, bacteria and other contaminates out while allowing the skin to function normally. The dressing serves also as a waterproof, bacterial and viral barrier to outside contaminants, allowing the patient to shower. The breathable film allows moisture vapor and oxygen exchange while providing a moist wound environment for enhanced healing. These Transparent Dressings come in various size options as well as roll dressings as shown below:
Tegaderm Advanced Securement IV Dressings
Tegaderm I.V. Advanced Securement Transparent Film Dressings offer better catheter securement, longer wear time, gentle removal and superior moisture management. Catheter stabilization devices help secure and preserve the integrity of devices, minimize movement, prevent catheter dislodgement, and help reduce the risk of infection for intravascular catheters. Better patient outcomes are achieved with the Tegaderm Advanced Securement IV Dressings.
- 3M Tegaderm I.V. Advanced Securement Dressings Application Guide discusses four advanced IV dressings and their use.
- Design of the Tegaderm IV Advanced Securement Dressings portrays the features of these securement & comfort dressings.
- Tegaderm 1683 Dressing PIV Application demonstrates how to apply and remove this dressing for P.I.V. applications.
- Tegaderm 1685 IV Dressing offers instructions for applying this advanced dressing technology.
- Tegaderm 1688 I.V. Advanced Securement Dressing shows step-by-step procedures for applying the 1688 Dressing.
Tegaderm Transparent Film Dressing Features & Benefits
- Reduced application time.
- Gentle and comfortable.
- Waterproof and absorbent.
- Tegaderm Film allows maximum versatility as it can be cut to any shape and size with its "frame" delivery system.
- Dressings conform to the body and flex with skin for greater patient comfort.
- Transparent dressings allow easy monitoring of wounds without the need to remove the dressing.
- Reinforced notches reduce mechanical stress from heavy catheters.
- Sterile tape strips enhance securing of catheters or IV’s.
- Polyurethane film is thin for better contour over high-profile devices.
- Waterproof, sterile dressing cannot become saturated during bathing or showering.
- Transparent, breathable and impermeable to liquids, viruses and bacteria.
Tegaderm Transparent Dressing Specifications
- Transparent film contained by 2 paper liners.
- Solubility in water: Nil.
- Fire hazard: No.
- Ingredients: Silicone coated paper liner, polyethylene-cellulose silicone carrier liner, acylate polymer, urethane polymer, polyester backing, rayon backing, polyethylene film.
- Use: Secural and wound management.
- HCPCS Code: A6257.
Tegaderm Transparent Film Dressing Use Instructions
- Stop any bleeding at the site before applying the dressing.
- Do not stretch the dressing during application as tension can cause skin trauma.
- Make sure the skin is clean, free of soap residue and lotion and allowed to dry thoroughly before applying the dressing to prevent skin irritation and to ensure good adhesion.
- The dressing may be used on an infected site, only when under the care of a health care professional.
- Antimicrobial ointments containing polyethylene glycols may compromise the strength of the Tegaderm™ HP Transparent Film Dressings.
- Tegaderm™ Transparent Dressings should not be re-sterilized by gamma, E-beam or steam methods.
3M Tegaderm Additional Information
- 3M Tegaderm Transparent Film Dressings contains a chart of the sizes and profiles of these transparent dressings.
- Tegaderm IV Site Dressing Selection Guide displays a profile for each IV dressing and its corresponding item number.
- 3M Tegaderm Transparent Film Dressings FAQ's for IV applications.
- Tegaderm Transparent Dressing Application Guide provides step-by-step instructions for properly applying transparent dressings.
- Tegaderm Clinical Studies offers citations to numerous studies of the advantages of this transparent film dressing.
3M Tegaderm Application and Removal Video (2:12 minutes)
3M Tegaderm Foam Dressing Non-Adhesive Application and Removal Video (3:12 minutes)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer 3M Sub Brand Tegaderm Ships Free No Size Chart No Absorption No Backing Strength No Backsheet Material No Color No Compression No Core Material No Diameter No Latex Free No Needle Length No Odor Control No Ply No Scent No Size No Sterility No Toe Type No Topsheet Material No Thickness No Woven / Non-Woven No Material No Gender No
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Starting at: $1.12
Starting at: $0.30
Starting at: $3.37
Starting at: $4.64